- Pregnancy Resource Clinic www.scprc.com 814-234-7340
- Centre County Youth Service Bureau email@example.com 814-237-5731
- family, community and residential based parenting programs
- State College Area School District Community Education 814-231-1061
- Family Outreach Service (Connie Schulz) 814-231-1070
- Centre County Babywearers: www.centrecountybabywearers.org
- A Caring Touch: acaringtouch.massagetherapy.com
Health and Safety
- American Academy of Pediatrics www.aap.org 1-866-843-2271
- PA State Health Center: Low-cost immunizations health.pa.gov
- Poison Control Center www.aapcc.org 1-800-222-1222
- WIC Women, Infants and Children Nutrition Program 814-234-8621
- Infant CPR Classes: Red Cross redcross.org 814-237-3162
- Centre Life Link centrelifelink.com 814-237-8163
- H.E.I.R. and Parents – Information (tour of Mount Nittany Medical Center) 814-231-7061
- Healthy Beginnings Plus: Centre Home Care 814-237-3470
Safe toys as your baby grows:
Infants to 12 months: Activity Blankets, Bath Toys, Soft Dolls, Squeaky Toys.
Remember if the toy fits through an empty toilet paper tube it is TOO SMALL to give to your baby. Also, check toys regularly and remove toys that are in need of repair.
1 to 2 year olds: Balls, Books, Blocks, Push and Pull Toys.
As your toddler is now climbing and exploring remember to have window guards and safety gates installed.
2 to 5 year olds: Musical Instruments, Non-Toxic Art Supplies, Outdoor Play Equipment.
Remember, when your child starts to ride a bicycle, safety helmets are required.
Baby must remain rear facing in the car seat until they are at least 2 years old AND weigh at least 20 lbs. It is recommended that your child remain rear facing until they reach the maximum limits of your car seat. Please have your car seat checked to make sure that it is installed correctly.
Car Seat Checks:
- PA State Police Station in Philipsburg 814-342-3370
- PA State Police Station in Rockview (1st Monday of each month) 814-355-6020
- By Appointment only:
State College 234-7150
Make sure to follow all the manufacturers directions and to pay attention to the weight and height limits of your seat.
Car Seat Information:
Local Breastfeeding Resources:
La Leche League of State College Area: www.lllofeasternpa.org
Karen Foard Certified Lactation Consultant: 814-237-1506, www.karenfoard.com
Nature to Nurture: 814-876-0217, www.naturetonurture.net
Storage Guidelines for Breastmilk:
Room Temperature: 4 hours
Refrigerator 5-7 days
Freezer 3-4 months
Deep Freezer 6-12 months