Welcoming a new baby to your family is an adjustment for everyone, perhaps more so for older sibling(s). Children ages 2 to 10, along with their parents, join us at the Mount Nittany Medical Center for a morning of hands on exploration and fun. We begin class with a craft and a measuring activity to see just how much we have grown since we were a tiny baby! Class continues by covering ways children will be helpers following the birth of a new baby.
• Where will mommy be? – Children will visit the labor and delivery and recovery rooms on the Labor and Delivery floor.
• What will the new baby look like? – Children will view real photos of babies, then later peek in on newborn babies in the hospital nursery.
• What can I do with my new baby? – Children learn simple and safe ways to interact with a baby, using life like dolls.
• How can I help Mommy and Daddy with the baby? – Children practice helping at bath time, with diaper changing, dressing, swaddling and holding a new baby. We even learn a few fun games older siblings can play with a newborn baby.
• Where will my baby sleep? – Together, we will examine the hospital bassinet and discuss what we might see when look into the crib.
Class Fee: $15 per child, $12 per child if 3 or more siblings